onsdag 31 december 2008

Dag 2






Revolution…

My brother asked me why I was going to Cuba to learn Spanish. He thought it was pretty odd and thing for old people to do when they retire…I got upset and told him that that is definitely not the case. Well today I, Karolina and 2 retired old men sat in the Spanish lesson. First day at school.
I forgot a pen, a paper and my Spanish dictionary. (It got pretty late yesterday), while the 2 super intelligent pensioners sat there, eager and ready to learn. In a blink they where hooked up with their language computers. Anyway it turned out they are mucho simpatico and willing to chair their language computers with me:)

After class I went for a 2 hour photo session in town. It’s an amazing town and so much to shoot. Amazing run down old architectures, street filled with people. Old cars, noise!! (I miss noise in the far 2 quiet G.) Beautiful old people, sitting in the park.
It was 14.35 and the lightning conditions where difficult. Pepole moving around fast so fast made me consider putting on automatic function and just shoot, but that made my pictures blurry. I got a few good shoots but there is so much more to shoot there. Have to come back another day.
I know now for sure, that my first priority is to get a new lens…I have one 18-55 and a 55-200 lens and to switch between them is terrible! Makes me slow. Today’s mission was shooting people and I was trying out all the things I learn going around with a professional photographer I Ramallah…I still have a long way to go.

Evening…

Went out n the old town with a tour guide from school. It was nice. In the end he got drunk and talked about the system. He told us how trapped he was in the system. How he wanted to get out of Cuba. Horrible stories that reminded me of the castle and the process by Kafka. After he finished I told him about Sweden and Gävle. How it is to be trapped in cold darkness.
-He told me to move to Cuba!

   




  

    

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar