söndag 25 januari 2009

Day 6

Friday 090102

Class is really fun, and our teacher Xiomara is so nice! She is really positive and gets us to talk and understand Spanish even tough we can’t:)
In my very rudimental Spanish I told her I am going to Vinales and then she gave us the address to her friends living there.
It is so much fun to travel around on the country side in Cuba because you stay with Cuban families in so called casa particulares. They rent out a room and cook really good dinner for about 15-25 cuc.
I think setting up Casa particulares for tourists, was one step in saving the economy after “the periodo especial” 1991, fall of the Soviet Union. It means families got a license from the government to rent out rooms.
The families are really friendly and I think it is a really good way of living as a tourist (instead of boring hotels) in order to get closer to the language, the people and the culture.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar